Opening the Doors
As Northern Virginia begins to reduce restrictions in its response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we can’t “thank you” enough for the patience you have shown.
Starting May 10th, we will begin a Modified Curbside – Return to Occupation. Clients will be able to enter the reception area to check in and check out their pets. For the safety of our clients and staff, we will continue to ask clients to wait in their vehicles while services are being performed. You’ll also see that all personnel will be wearing masks, and we will require you to have a mask on too, without exception. The doctor will then talk with you about treatment decisions by phone.
With these new procedures in mind, we want you to know we will continue being vigilant about thorough disinfection and cleaning and we ask that you continue practicing all the CDC guidelines https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html for everyone’s safety. With the current guidelines in mind, we will only be able to allow 6 clients in the hospital at a time.
Updated protocols for Columbia Pike Animal Hospital and Emergency Center:
- In the event your pet is here for a medical emergency, please call 703-256-8414 and one of our staff members will advise you when to come into the hospital.
- Prior to your appointment any paperwork that can be filled out from our website should be done before your visit, if you’re able.
- When calling the clinic for an appointment at 703-256-8414 or texting at 571-200-8922, we will notify you via phone when we are ready for you to bring your pet in.
- You must put on your mask prior to entering the clinic and adhere to 6-foot social distancing.
- Please return to your vehicle through the designated side door. Unfortunately, we do not have the option to wait in the lobby. Please make sure to remain in your parking spot with your mobile device alerts turned on.
- After treatment is over, we will make a final contact with you letting you know its time to return to reception to check out and retrieve your pet.
- If your pet is being dropped off for a procedure or surgery, we will contact you by phone upon completion.
- Please note, if you need medication, food or other services we provide, please call 703-256-8414 or text 571-200-8922 to make arrangements.