Health Certificates

Domestic and international.


Slide If you are planning to travel outside of the country with your pet, you will need an international pet health certificate that guarantees your pet meets all the health requirements of the country you are visiting. We recommend beginning this process as early in advance of your travels as possible, to ensure you have covered all the bases. We will work with you here in Annandale to update your pet’s vaccinations and diagnostic tests, and have your international health certificate filled out and ready to go before your departure. Call us at (703) 256-8414.

Slide Where to start? First, visit Select your destination country from the drop-down list, Locate the forms needed to export your pet. Print out all the documentation and make sure to keep it on you to reference as you travel. Make sure to read all instructions carefully and take note of the requirements of the surrounding countries. In the event you experience a layover you will be prepared for the local guidelines. We also advise you to contact the embassy of the country you will be visiting.

Slide Additional Documentation Print copies of your pet’s last two rabies certificates, and a copy of their most recent vaccination summary. Also include an invoice or signed documentation providing the date of your pet’s microchip implantation. To make sure you have everything you need, call the USDA state office veterinarian and the embassy of your destination country. It never hurts to double-check!

All Health Certificates need to be signed by your Veterinarian and endorsed by the APHIS. Your Veterinarian will walk you through this entire process.
For more information please visit